Click the title to see more...A HALF DAY WINE and CHEESE TOUR , LEARNING how PECORINO CHEESE IS PRODUCED, in the beautiful Val d'Orcia, near Siena.
TOUR FROM CORTONA TO MONTEPULCIANO AND PIENZA, every Monday and Friday
- Since ancient times shepherds would move their sheep and cattle to find the best pastures . They already knew that to have good cheese, thay had to find good grazing...
At the time of Etruscan civilization, vines were trained to grow up trees and wine was exported from the Tyrrenian Sea south to Sicily and north to southern Wales.
- Hd ‘TUSCAN WINE and CHEESE TOUR’ is an itinerary intended to re-discover our traditions and the importance of wine and cheese in the economy of Tuscany since ancient times
- We will have some free time to visit Montepulciano, a medieval town of rare beauty, with breathtaking panoramas all over Val D'Orcia and Valdichiana, valleys that surround it
- We will do Wine tasting and visit a winery in town, where we will taste Vino Nobile of Montepulciano accompanied by. Bruschette, Salumi, Cheese, Olive-Oil.
- We will do cheese tasting in Pienza, in a farmhouse and learn how Pecorino cheese is made. We will have time to visit this beautiful Renaissance town, of the 15th century, the Ideal town as imagined by Pope Pius II who was born here..
- A day among the most beautiful landscapes,, to see the hard work of our farmers and stroll around small Tuscan towns
- Estes Tours são disponíveis com Intérprete brasileiro, suplemento ao grupo: 70 euro
Tour every Monday and Friday
Price base 4 people: 90 euro per person
Price base 2/3 people: 125 euro per person
09. 30 : Meeting at Tuscanmagic Travel Agency in Cortona with the agency assistant .
Departure for the Hd ‘ TUSCAN WINE- and CHEESE TOUR ’…
10.00: Arrival in Montepulciano. Visit of the town on your own.
Wine tasting of different kinds of wines of Vino Nobile of Montepulciano and local produce in 1 local WINERY
Vino Nobile of Montepulciano is famous all over the world:
"A noble wine destined for the table of gentle folk", as it is written in documents of 1700. Small quantities of ‘Vino Nobile’ are matured for a long time in these cellars with excellent results, even up to 30/35 years (the oldest bottle now dates back to 1887).
11.30 : Departure for Pienza (40 minutes drive) , the beautiful Renaissance town built by Pope Pio the second. Short visit of the town on your own, famous also for its cheese ‘Pecorino’ . Pienza became Unesco World Heritage in 1996, for its pecularities and uniqueness. A small Tuscan jewel, still now kept as it was in Renaissance times
Cheese tasting of different kinds of pecorino cheese IN A LOCAL ORGANIC FARMHOUSE. Visit and explanation of how the pecorino cheese is made
At around 14-30/15.00 : Departure for Cortona. Arrival at around 15.30/16.00